Wednesday, July 31, 2013

diy placemat pillows

So, we have needed some color on our porch and I've been meaning to traipse over to Joann's and look at some fun fabric. However, we've had a lot of unexpected expenses come up with the new house so I wanted to figure out a cheaper (free) option. I was organizing some things this past weekend and I found some old place mats that don't really match our dining room anymore! I remembered back to my sophomore year in college when I made these pillows out of place mats, and since we don't use those anymore I was able to use the stuffing!!

 It's super easy! I got out my handy seam ripper and ripped enough of the paisley mats to get my hand inside to stuff with batting. Place mats are perfect because they are already lined, sewn and finished all the way around! It saves a lot of time. You are limited to only a couple different sizes, but I think that they are a perfect size for accent pillows!
Once I stuffed them to my liking, I simply stitched up the small area I had opened! These took literally like 15 minutes to make and now we have some colorful accents on our outdoor couch! I might make a couple more since they are so easy and I have 6 place mats to work with!

-L



No comments:

Post a Comment