Thursday, April 5, 2012

shake it up!

So it's been a while... I know. Wedding planning was put on the back burner for a couple of weeks for a pretty darn good reason too!


March 9th a recruiter contacted me about a design position in Birmingham. He had found my information on Linkedin and thought I would be a great fit for the company! A little more talking, an "up all night" weekend of preparing my portfolio and I had an interview! I met with the company two different times and got very excited about the opportunity.


Rod and I talked, prayed over the opportunity, I was offered the job last Monday, March 26th, and I accepted the next day. I will be doing creative design, proposals, and production drawings for various projects. The company is Fravert Services and they do tons of signage and wayfinding signage for hospitals and sports parks as well as some churches and commercial businesses all over the U.S.! Rod and I are excited about this new opportunity and a new place to begin our lives together. You can check out their pretty cool portfolio here


Now, can we ask for some prayers for Rod a job in Birmingham?!


I start April 16th and my last day at SCS is tomorrow! I am super sad about leaving all of my great, encouraging, fun co-workers, but I am also excited about this new adventure!


Wedding planning is back on starting this weekend! I'm headed home for a few days to spend Easter with the family and help them out, as well as make the centerpieces for the wedding with my "Padre'"!!! They are going to be so great!


-L

No comments:

Post a Comment