Thursday, May 10, 2012

double digits

This engaged couple right here is now in the countdown phase of double digits!!! Perfect timing because wedding festivities are just beginning! I have a wonderful bridal shower being thrown by my lovely bridesmaids in Madison this Saturday! I am so thankful for such sweet friends and I don't know how to thank them enough! I am so happy that they get to share this time with me because each and every one of them is quite special to my heart.

I also get to try on my dress in my size for the very first time! Everything is starting to feel so real and it's awesome! Summer sent a picture of herself in her bridesmaids dress and heels for our wedding and I couldn't stop smiling and almost teared up. I'm really worried I'm going to be a sobbing mess the day of!!! I get teary eyed at Say Yes to the Dress episodes... WHAT THE HECK AM I GOING TO DO THE DAY OF?! hahaha

Anyways, so to celebrate this double digit countdown, I will share exactly where Rod and I were 99 days after we met.  (yes, I counted, and reminisced)

Rod had been on a trip to Ole Miss for a cross country meet that he had to work as a Graduate Assistant at the University of Alabama. Oddly enough it was the day Auburn played Ole Miss at Auburn ("heart attack Auburn"pulled out a win).  I was in Nashville working my very first conference. I remember this weekend like it was  yesterday and it was the sweetest thing ever! He rode on a van (or bus?) back from Ole Miss and then hopped in a car and surprised me in Nashville!

Throughout our relationship we relied on "iChat" to see each other since we were miles apart. Well, Alyssa, my boss at the time, and I were going to go grab a bite to eat and see if we could get in to the Avett Brothers concert. Well Rod kept being like "hold on I'm almost back to the house and I want to see you on iChat because I'm going to bed early" or something like that (didn't click with me). So, I wait, and he gets on iChat with his computer camera facing my hotel room door number! I was ecstatic. It was perfect and I was so excited to see him! We then all grabbed a bite to eat and tried (and failed) to get into the Avett Brothers concert, but it was still a great night!

Oh, did I mention it's Mother's day this Sunday ANNDDD my birthday was a month away from yesterday??!?! Yeah, so definitely a crazy awesome week to be so thankful for and excited about!

-L


No comments:

Post a Comment